|Jul 2013 - Present||Assistant Professor (Universitair Docent) at Eindhoven University of Technology
Tenured since July 2016
|Oct 2010 - Jun 2013||Postdoctoral Researcher at Eindhoven University of Technology|
|Oct 2007 - Sep 2010||Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Pennsylvania|
|Jul 2007 - Sep 2007||Researcher at Universiteit Leiden, employed by Stichting FOM|
|Oct 2003 - Jun 2007||Research Assistant (OIO) at Universiteit Leiden, employed by Stichting FOM|
|Sep 1998 - Aug 2003||Teaching Assistant at the Katholieke Universiteit Nijmegen|
|Oct 2003 - Jun 2007||Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics, Universiteit Leiden.
Thesis Advisor: Wim van Saarloos
|Sep 1997 - Aug 2003||M.Sc. in Theoretical Physics, Katholieke Universiteit Nijmegen.
Thesis Advisor: Hubert J.F. Knops
See the publications page.
Grants and Awards
- 2010 Callen Prize (University of Pennsylvania)
- NWO-Veni grant 2010 (Netherlands Organisation for Scientific
- 2015 STOOR Education Award (Best Instructor Freshman year)
- Organizer of the Theory of Polymers and Soft Matter group seminar series (2011-2016).
- Organizer of the 2nd Mid-Atlantic Soft Matter
- Member of APS and NNV.
- Referee for Physical Review Letters, EPL, Physical Review B and E, European Physical
Journal E, Soft Matter, the Journal of Physical Chemistry, and JSTAT.